Join Racing as a player
Update August 22 : For the 19/20 season new player registration is now open
Depending on ages classes procedures are different :
For most of our teams, rosters are full due to limited gym availabitiy for practice. As we will have non-returning or non-compliant players spots can open during 19/20 season.
These spots will be filled with players who participated in tryout sessions as explained hereafter. We will inform new players about availability of roster spots as soon as possible, latest October 1, 2019.
1. Registration is OPEN without tryout for :
- Boys and Girls born 2012-2014 (we do NOT enroll younger players)
- Girls born 2001-2007
2. Registration is subject to TRYOUT for :
- Girls born 2008-2011
- Boys born 2002-2011
- Men and Women born before 2002
Tryouts for age classes 2002-2011 will be organized on Saturdays September 7, September 14, September 21, September 28 (10h00-12h00). Interested players will have to send a registration request and chose one of the proposed dates for tryouts.
Tryouts for all players born before 2002 can be set individually after a registration request.
Criteria for acceptance after registration request and tryouts can be :
- Open spots on the concerned teams
- Motivation and attitude shown at the tryout session
- Talent level
- Residence in the City of Luxembourg
- Setting Basketball as a priority in free time activities – mandatory
- Acceptance of the Racing Charter (see below) – mandatory
- Parent support to the club – mandatory
Decisions will be made by the club’s youth coaching board and communicated to parents. Players not immediately accepted due to missing spots on the concerned teams can be registered on a waiting list upon request.
Please read : RacingCharter2019
- All youth players have to do the license procedures for insurance reasons
- All Ballschool players under 7 have to provide a medical certificate of aptitude before coming to practice
- All adult players willing to play in games have to do the license procedures
- All adult/veteran players who only play in practices have to register and should take a medical examination
Please read : (English / French)
- No player will be allowed to participate in a practice or a tryout without having received a registration confirmation.
- Due to frequent abuse in the past, all newly registered players will have to pay the annual fee and registration costs before participating in any practice
Registration request form – Demande d’inscription (Word document) : DemandeInscription1920
to be sent to / à envoyer à : firstname.lastname@example.org