Join Racing as a player
Player registration is subject to acceptation by the club
July 5, 2021
Most of our team rosters for 2021/22 are full due to limited availability of gym slots and coaches.
- Due to the government’s Covid-19 laws which restricted practice possibilities since March 2020, we have not been able to accept new players during the 20/21 season. For the upcoming 2021/22 season we have waiting lists for all teams and will not be able to accept many newcomers.
- Players already registered in 2020/21 are automatically registered for 2021/22 under the condition that the 2020/21 player’s fee has been paid
- New player candidates can request acceptation for 21/22 directly and will be put on a waiting list.
- As far as possible, candidates will be invited for tryout practices. Coaches will decide on the following steps after the tryout.
- In 2021/22, we will not offer any trainings for players born after 2016.
- For all information request please contact : email@example.com
- Do NOT contact gym personnel, they have no information about the club
Procedure for 2021/22 registration :
1. All potential new members/players will have to address a registration request (form see below) to the club.
2. All requests will be examined case by case, players will be placed on a waiting list until a spot on the concerned team opens or the possibility for a tryout comes up.
3. An eventual registration is subject to an acceptation by the club board. It is not possible to join a practice or a tryout without prior acceptance by the club administration
Criteria for acceptance after registration request can be :
- Talent and/or experience level in Basketball
- Residence in the City of Luxembourg
- Motivation and attitude shown at a tryout
- Setting Basketball as a priority in free time activities, regular presence at all practices – mandatory
- Acceptance of the Racing Charter (see below) – mandatory
- Parent support to the club – mandatory
Decisions will be made by the club’s (youth) coaching board and communicated to parents or the player. The club can propose for players not immediately accepted due to missing spots to be registered on a waiting list.
!!! Please read : RacingCharter2021
- All youth players have to do the license procedures for insurance reasons
- All Ballschool players under 7 have to provide a medical certificate of aptitude before coming to practice
- All adult players willing to play in games have to do the license procedures
- All adult/veteran players who only play in practices have to register and should take a medical examination
Please read : (English / French)
- No player will be allowed to participate in a practice or a tryout without having received a registration confirmation.
- Due to frequent abuse in the past, all newly registered players will have to pay the annual fee and registration costs before participating in any practice
Mandatory procedures to remain on our teams are :
- Provide a fully filled out registration form and signed declaration of consent
- Provide a national social security or national identification number
- Provide a copy of an identity document
- Do a medical check in a Ministry of Sports medical centre (for players born in 2013 or before)
- Provide a fully filled out licence request form
- Pay the applicable membership fee on time.
Registration request form – Demande d’inscription (Word document) : DemandeInscription2021
to be sent to / à envoyer à : firstname.lastname@example.org